Since 2000, over 1,000 youth have been placed in jobs, over 150 youth have attained their high school diploma/GED, and over 60 youth have enrolled in college.
The following FREE services are delivered by friendly, caring, and knowledgeable staff:
- On site adult basic education (ABE), Pre-GED and GED classes
- College fairs and tours
- Screening to identify careers that suit skills/interest
- Job readiness classes and job placement
- Career training in high growth industries i.e. health care, hospitality, and construction
- Six (6) month follow-up support upon employment
- Individual and group counseling/support groups based on interest/need
- Life skills, clubs and fun social activities
- Youth-led community service projects
- Computer lab with internet access
- On-line courses to help youth earn a diploma
- Health services and education, including reproductive health, and mental health/substance abuse counseling
- Referrals/connection to needed public agencies/community-based resources for health, housing, clothing, substance abuse, family support
- Youth lounge
- Transportation assistance for those who qualify
What do you need to enroll?
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of City residency
- Proof of age (16 to 22)
- Attend an orientation session—held Mondays at 10am
If you do not have the above documents, a YO! staff person can provide assistance.